Starting a business is the first step in actualising your dreams of financial freedom and becoming a household name that’s popular for providing your preferred product or service. Yet without the right tools, no matter how much time or money you put into your business, you could end up back where you started, merely dreaming. Of all the tools you need to make your dreams a reality, not many are as important as a business account.
What is a business account?
A business account is a type of account that companies, organisations, or individuals use to manage their financial transactions and activities. This type of account is typically separate from personal accounts and is used for managing revenue, expenses, and other financial transactions related to running a business. Some examples of transactions that can be made using a business account include accepting customer payments, paying bills and expenses, and transferring funds between accounts. You can open a business account at most banks and financial institutions, and they may offer additional features such as online banking, check writing and debit/credit cards.
What are the types of business accounts?
In Nigeria, some types of business accounts that banks offer include
Current account: This is a type of account that is mainly used for day-to-day transactions, such as accepting payments from customers and paying bills and expenses.
Savings account: This type of account is designed for businesses that want to save money for short-term or long-term goals.
Corporate account: This is a special type of account that is intended for large organisations and companies. It typically requires higher minimum deposits and may offer additional features like check writing and debit/credit cards.
Domiciliary account: This type of account allows businesses to hold and transact in foreign currencies, which can be helpful for businesses that trade internationally or have overseas partners.
Benefits of a business account
You might wonder, “why do I need a business account when I already have a personal account with my bank of choice.” Well a business account offers a myriad of benefits for you and your business. These are:
- Separation of personal and business finances: Having a separate business account helps to keep your personal and business finances separate, which can make it easier to manage your finances and prepare your taxes.
- Professional image: Having a business account can give your business a more professional image, which can help to attract customers and build trust with your clients.
- Access to banking services: Business accounts typically offer a range of banking services such as check writing, debit/credit cards, and online banking, making it easier to manage your finances and make transactions.
- Improved record-keeping: Business accounts can make it easier to keep track of your financial transactions, which can be helpful for preparing financial statements and tax returns.
- Creditworthiness: Having a business account can help demonstrate your business’s creditworthiness, which can be important when seeking loans or other forms of financing.
- Access to business loans: Some banks offer business loans for small-scale and large-scale businesses. Having a business account with them can make applying for and securing a business loan easier.
- Enhanced security: Business accounts typically offer enhanced security features to protect your funds, such as fraud detection and protection services.
- Increased credibility: Having a business account can increase the credibility of your business and help to establish trust with your customers.
Why open a Moniepoint business account?
Opening a Moniepoint account for your business is definitely one of the smartest decisions you can make for your business. Why? you might ask. It’s because having a business account with us gives you access to the much-needed resources to grow your business. The best part is you don’t need to queue in a banking hall to open a Moniepoint business account.
Besides that opening, a Moniepoint business account gives you some amazing benefits like:
- Open an account for free
- Get verified within a few minutes.
- No hidden fees
- Complete control over your account
- Round-the-clock business banking support
- Instant notifications
Requirements to open a business account on Moniepoint
- A functional phone number
- An email address you can easily access
- Your BVN
- A valid Government ID, e.g. International Passport, Driver’s License, and Permanent Voter’s Card. National Identification Number (NIN), Residence/Work Permit (For Foreigners)
- A utility bill to verify your address
How to open a business account with Moniepoint
You can open a Moniepoint business account online in just a few simple steps.
- Click here to access the account opening form.
- Input your email address and phone number and click “Next.”
- You’ll receive an OTP in a few seconds. Type it in to verify your phone number.
- Input your BVN and date of birth.
- Create a username. This is the name your customers would see, so remember to choose something memorable.
- Select a password for your business. Remember not to use any personal information like your name or birthday.
- Provide your BVN and KYC details and start face & ID verification. To improve your chances of a successful verification process. Click here to read all about it.
- Finally, choose a transaction PIN with any four numbers of your choice. And just like that, you have a Moniepoint Business account that gives you the power to accept payments, request loans, and so much more from anywhere in Nigeria.
What are you waiting for? Choose the best bank for a business account in Nigeria. Open a business account with Moniepoint today!
Opening a Moniepoint business account is completely free. No minimum balance and no hidden charges.
You can open a Moniepoint Business account in just a few minutes.
Moniepoint only requires your BVN to verify your identity. With your BVN, we can confirm the D.O.B, and phone number used when registering.
No. With only one Moniepoint Business account, you can manage multiple businesses and switch between them easily.